What is Social Media Monitoring?
- Social Media Monitoring or Social Listening is a way to track what is being said about someone, a company or a specific topic of interest.
- Typically it is used to monitor what is being said about you or your brand, but it can be used in many ways.
- It can be used to track social networks like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, YouTube as well as online news sites, blogs and forums.
- It is a new growth area and is developing fast
How can it be used?
- Social Media Monitoring can be used to monitor what is being said about clients and can help inform and build relationships.
- It can also be used to track your company's brand brand and understand what is being said
- Can be used to track what competitors are doing
- Social Listening for Microsoft CRM
- Google alerts
- There are a multitude of other solutions on the market