Towry Ltd – Wealth Management Company
A complex, £3m full lifecycle transformation programme with multiple project streams for Towry who are a national wealth management company. Towry are a professional fee-based wealth management company providing financial advice and investment management solutions to private clients. This work included a implementing a CRM, Financial Planning systems and end to end process redesign
This was a complex transformation programme which included the specification, selection, configuration and implementation of new externally hosted CRM and Financial Planning systems and the re-engineering of core business processes and organisational restructuring. To shape this work a Target Operating Model was developed from which the transformation programme evolved.
It involved overseeing business case development, process design, vendor selection, negotiation and contracts, stakeholder management and running the programme. This required engagement at all levels including direct engagement at Executive Committee and Board level as well as with other senior stakeholders. Programme scope included design, IT infrastructure reconfiguration, systems testing, business readiness preparation, training, a full data migration and the planned decommissioning of legacy systems.
'We tailor our work to suit the specific needs of our clients'
Our assignments cover many different types of company and styles of business.
- Systems due diligence for company acquisitions including on boarding, client and agency repapering, systems migration and process integration.
- Strategic review and business transformation projects. An example was an end to end operational review of a mortgage processing unit which then became a major cost reduction programme and achieved a 30% (£6m) saving in operating costs within 18 months.
- Systems design work, including the high level specification of an insurance sales and policy administration system, review and project planning for a replacement mortgage processing solution and recommendations for a retail point of sale system for a building society.
- End to end review of retail operations for a building society including ‘out of the box’ proposals which were revolutionary in their time and have subsequently become mainstream. Examples are migration to online based servicing and comparison shopping for financial services products.
- Process re-engineering including the end to end review of mortgage processing and retail processes for a building society and re-engineered and aligning IS support and release management processes to ITIL for a consulting client and later at Towry.
- Development of ecommerce CRMs, content management, shopping cart and payments solutions and the application of digital Marketing and SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) as well as software development and accounts and payroll integration for online retailers and other companies.
- Programme and project management of large and complex multi-million pound engineering projects including the introduction of new production methods, which reduced production times from 6 months to 4 months.
- Operational review of group manufacturing facilities leading to a consolidation of manufacturing resources. This was followed by the preparation for and subsequent sale of an engineering company, which included gaining ISO9001 accreditation in 9 months, an upgrade of manufacturing facilities, an end to end review of processes and automation and outsourcing of engineering services.
- Selection and implementation of manufacturing ERP and other linked systems including Accounts, SOP, Stock Control, Procurement, BoM processing, Job Processing and SFDC, Site Access Control and automated storage systems.
- Development of a B2B e-commerce system and ‘just in time’ line side stock replenishment, automated storage and employee performance measurement systems.